20 July 2013

One Foot In Front of the Other.

I guess I should start where I left off, the Marathon. 

I still can't think about it without feeling sick to my stomach or getting teary eyed but I have found some creative and active outlets which have helped.  Its really interesting to see what events like this drive people to do.  For me it was running and sewing.

I quickly signed up with several friends to run 3 different races, all of which benefited either the victims of the Marathon or their families.  Most of the races I run are for the benefit of some charity but these felt so much more important, the first one I ran also marked the first time I have ever cried at a finish line.  I was not the only one.  Runners really do make up a pretty incredible community.  These runs brought me one step closer to loving running again, I feel like I bellong there again.

In August a few friends and I are taking a trip over to Ireland, at first I was just going with them for fun knowing that they were going over with the intent of running a 1/2 marathon.  Distance running has never been something I considered mine but this time it just felt right so come August 5th I will be running my first 1/2 marathon.  I can't wait!



One of the hardest parts of this whole thing is finding a training plan that actually works with life! ha! I feel like I am constantly juggling things these days and longer days at work are not helping.  Sometimes I find myself trying to justify my 2 hour runs on the weekends but then I look down at my feet and remember why I'm there in the first place.



My 2013 Limited Edition Saucony Kinvara 4s 
I had picked up these little gems at the Running Expo on Saturday April 13th, snagging the last pair in my size.  They are a brand I don't normally wear, colors that really aren't me and more than I normally spend on sneakers but I couldn't walk away without them. And now I am so glad I didn't.  When my training runs get really hard all I have to do is look down.

They help me feel Boston Strong.

As always thanks for stopping by and happy running!!!
~Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment