24 July 2013

Summer Eating...Farm Style

Community Supported Agriculture Anxiety Disorder

Welp, its that time of year again. The potential for CSAAD to creep in grows by the minute!

We signed up for a half share again this year and hopefully we are better prepared.  We, unfortunately, wasted quite a bit of what we got last round but this year at least we know what to expect.  The early part of the summer is quite a bit of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, peas and beans which are easy so this go around we are doing much better. 

I honestly never knew how good a radish sandwich was! I was watching some travel show and of course can't remember where they were or what they were sightseeing but I remembered what was on their plates! Ha! They were in a little cafe and were eating simple open faced sandwiches that consisted of nothing but bread, butter (and I mean real butter, not the imitation crap), radish slices and a sprinkle of salt.  I recreated them once I got my next pick-up and now have a new summer staple/favorite.  Seriously if you like a nice peppery crunch this is where its at!

Also, as I had this leafy bad boy hanging out in my garden...


...and since we got strawberries in one of our first baskets, I got to make one of my favorite desserts!

Strawberries, Rhubarb, Sugar, Vanilla and a little flour.
I cheated a little and used store bought crust...
Mmmm all gooey and yummy!
Strawberry Rhubarb pie!  

First of the season :)

As always thanks for stopping by, and happy baking!
~Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment